Sunday, January 18, 2009

In memoriam: Eric Chatonet

Today, as I was catching up with emails on the use-revolution mailing list, when I came accross a post La communauté Revolution est en deuil that informed the members of how Eric Chatonet had passed away.

Like many others, this news has left me with a deep sadness - for we, the members of the Revolution community, have all lost in Eric an extraordinary man - intelligent, generous, always helpful and armed with a wonderful sense of humour. I fondly remember meeting him in person at the Revolution Conference in Malta in 2006, exchanging ideas and experiences, and smoking cigarettes with him, Malte Brill, and Tariel Gogoberidze on the balcony of the hotel.

My condoleances and thoughts are with his family. Having unexpectedly lost my father 4 years ago, I have an idea of how his son must be feeling right now. May he rest in peace, with a glass of wine and a cigarette, enjoying the afterlife to its fullest. He certainly earned it.

No comments: